New updated version! (2016)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TRAVELLERS TO PAPHOS
Paphos has excitedly been awarded the 2017 European Capital of Culture! Whilst this is great news, it should be noted that as a result of certain guidelines, there is currently a great deal of construction work on the roads in central Paphos.
I encourage everyone to not let this put you off visiting our amazing island but I would advise visitors that some of the directions and parking information within my guide (and others alike) may be somewhat disrupted as a result.
I will, of course, update the guide alongside any permanent changes to our town. Thank you!
Your very own extensive guide to how to live like a local in Paphos, this itinerary allows you to discover places enjoyed by locals but usually ignored by guide books. After all, when visiting somewhere, the best places are found by following the locals!
A lot of the tourists who come to this beautiful island miss out on the best parts due to being glued to their sunbeds. If you want to mix it up a bit, visit traditional villages and sample some of the best local food on offer then this itinerary is for you!
With all the research already completed for you, all you need to do is concentrate on enjoying everything that Paphos has to offer.
Benefit from insider tips and useful information such as:
- Transportation information
- Directions to car parks (all of which are free!)
- Advice on local food
- Nightlife recommendations
- Useful local phrases
- Over 50 extremely detailed and annotated maps (no danger of getting lost!)
- Estimated fuel costs for each journey
- Climate information and tips on what to expect from the different seasons
- Cultural hotspots and day trip advice
- My contact details should you need any further information
Activities within the itinerary
- Discover the local village of Lysos on horseback
- The best local food and drink experiences from trendy cafes to local tavernas
- Visit to Paphos Zoo
- Extremely detailed walking tours of Kato Paphos and Polis
- Winery visit
Who is this itinerary for?
- Travelers who want to avoid the tourist traps
- People who want a cultural alternative to museums
- Couples/groups of friends/families - it really is suitable for all (even at the winery there are lots of things for kids to see and do!)
- Anyone who loves food!
- Individuals who want a mixture of relaxation and adventure
(Please note, I would recommend hiring a rental car, especially for day 3, as it will work out cheaper and more convenient. I have included details of where and how to do so in the appendix.)
I love being able to call this island my home and my aim is to make travelers see what I see as a local.
So, get ready to discover the heart and soul of Cyprus!