There's much more to Los Angeles than just Hollywood starlets and a broad sandy beach. It's not just a sun-drenched, star-filled, vibrant metropolis; it's also heaven for vegans and vegetarians.
With a veggie food scene so huge it would be impossible to try it all in a year, let alone a single visit, Los Angeles can be confusing for the first-time vegan visitor. As a local on the east side of LA for seven years, I ate as much vegan food as I could and found a core stable of favorites to return to again and again.
This itinerary covers 2 days of the most drool-worthy animal-friendly food in Los Angeles. This guide is about great food you might not find on your own, not snobby service and sky-high prices. But, that doesn't mean you won't spot a few of your favorite vegetarian celebs on your culinary travels.
Los Angeles is a city of diverse neighborhoods and while most tourists stick to Santa Monica and Hollywood, I'll take you to the up-and-coming Highland Park for the planet's best vegan donuts, trendy Silver Lake for a slice of the best vegan pizza in the city and we'll hit Hollywood for some terrific vegan fast food.
- Walk through a historic LA neighborhood
- Sip specialty coffee at a few of the east side's most popular gathering spots
- Visit the only movie theatre where local movie buffs (and many of Hollywood's elite) go to watch films
- Hang out with the locals for craft beer
- Stop in at some of the coolest boutiques in Silver Lake
- Get tips for where to get the best view of the Hollywood sign
- Do lots of walking to work off those extra vegan eats
My email address is provided in the itinerary. If you want to know more, give me a shout!
If for any reason you’re unhappy with the itinerary, Unanchor offers a full refund.