Each day in Atlanta is a surprise and this itinerary reflects that. It takes you to tourist spots like the Georgia Aquarium and balances that out with trips to lesser-known neighborhoods like Cabbagetown. I tried to keep as much diversity in attractions as possible in such a big city.
What you'll find in this itinerary:
- Restaurant recommendations near most of the activities that are unique to the city and its local flavors.
- Maps to help you get from one destination to the next, whether it be by foot, train or bus.
- Optional sub-activities for areas if you have extra time.
- Helpful tips that only a local would know.
Why use this itinerary:
- To help you get the most of your three days in Atlanta without spending all your time in transit.
- To show you how much of a travel destination Atlanta has become in its own right.
- To eat some of the best Southern meals of your life.
What does the itinerary include?
- 22-page PDF document
- Countless pictures, all taken by the author, a native of the city
- Google maps to ensure you get around with ease
- Insider tips to get the most out of your trip
- Author contact information for more recommendations
Itinerary Table of Contents:
- How to Use this Guide
- The 3-Day Itinerary
- Transportation Tips
- Getting into the City
- Useful Local Phrases
- About the Author
- Getting up close and personal with the fish at the world's largest aquarium
- Tasting the city's local beverages
- Eating dinner with a motown legend
- Shopping in Atlanta's "alternative" neighborhood
- Watching America's favorite pastime
- Dining at America's largest drive-in
Sample from the Itinerary
Day 1: Georgia Aquarium
As a more recent addition to Atlanta's tourist district, the Georgia Aquarium holds the title of "world's largest aquarium," holding more than 8.5 million gallons of water. The crowds can be heaviest later in the day, so going first thing in the morning means you will be able to see the tanks up close. Make your way to the whale shark tank first, since it tends to have the biggest crowd. They are special because this is the only aquarium outside Asia to house whale sharks. Also be sure to check out the Georgia Explorer exhibit to see some of the state's natural species.
Who is this itinerary for?
- Business travelers