The city of Berlin has been the stage upon which World politics has played out over the past century. Once devastated by war and its aftermath, Berlin is now an exciting and culturally varied city, which boasts great attractions, gastronomic delights, and incredible nightlife.
If you’re planning a trip to Berlin and want to make the most out your time there, then this itinerary is for you! Designed to ensure you’re maximising your time either on a short city break or an extended European trip, this itinerary ensures you’ll be taking in the best Berlin has to offer on a budget.
You’ll visit sites of historic and cultural importance including the summer palaces of eighteenth century German rulers; museums boasting colossal finds from ancient Greece, Rome, and Babylon; memorials dedicated to the victims of Nazism; open air exhibits and art galleries, which tell of the social and political impact of the Berlin Wall.
This itinerary allocates times for 2 days in Berlin. It’s fast paced and ideal for those who enjoy exploring the city of foot. However, for those planning to stay longer in Berlin, it also includes information on attractions where you may want to spend more time including the Reichstag and Checkpoint Charlie.
If you decide this itinerary is for you, the attractions you’ll visit include:
- Museum Island
- The Pergamon Museum
- The Berlin Wall Memorial
- The Brandenburg Gate
- The Reichstag
- The Tiergarten and its memorials
- Charlottenburg Palace
- Checkpoint Charlie
- The Topography of Terror
Also included in this itinerary:
- A brief introduction and history of each attraction.
- The best things to see in the larger museums and galleries.
- Clear maps and directions to and from each attraction.
- The best times to visit.
- Tips on transportation.
- Some of the best cheap eats in Berlin.
- A guided walking tour through the Tiergarten.
- Photographs of famous sights.
- Restaurant recommendations.
- Things you need to know including avoiding being fined crossing the road!
- My email address in case you need to contact me with any questions.