This guide offers you a mixture of Stockholm's attractions and activities, from walking around Gamla Stan, the city's medieval heart, to visiting buildings through the centuries at Skansen, and on to the modern centre of this startup city - the birthplace of Spotify, Skype, Mojang (Minecraft), King (Candy Crush), and many more.
As well as guiding you through two days in Stockholm, this Unanchor travel itinerary also offers interesting insights into life in the capital and how to make the most of your time there - what attractions to visit, the best streets of Gamla Stan to avoid the crowds, where to snap the best photos, and where to take a break and get nourished. If Stockholm is on your bucket list, then this is the itinerary you need to guide you around Sweden's capital.
- Gamla Stan - Stockholm's medieval heart
- City Hall
- The island of Södermalm - both a hipster hangout and a walk back in time
- Djurgården - once the royals' pleasure island, now a royal park and home to some of the city's top attractions
- Art galleries - both old and new
- Opportunities to discover Swedish design
- A glimpse into Stockholm's restaurant scene
This guide is ideal for first-time visitors to Stockholm wanting to get the most out of two days in this beautiful capital. I'll let you know where to go to avoid the crowds, even at the busiest tourist spots, take you to see magnificent views across the islands that make up Stockholm, and provide dining choices so that you don't have to spend time searching for a spot to eat.
The city has been my home for some years now and I love showing off its best sides to visitors.