This itinerary is a great introduction for the first-time visitor to Chicago. It includes 3 full days of the best sights and neighborhoods to see in the city and allows you to benefit from a local's tips on where to eat, what to do and how to get around! You will also enjoy detailed, turn-by-turn walking guides for Millennium Park, the Museum Campus, the Magnificent Mile, the Gold Coast and Lincoln Park.
Sights & Places You'll See with This Itinerary:
- Cruise on the Chicago River and learn about the city's architectural history.
- Enjoy Millennium Park - one of the city's newest and most popular destinations!
- Explore the world famous Art Institute.
- Sample Garrett Popcorn, home of the delicious Chicago Mix!
- Stand on the "ledge" of the Willis (formerly known as Sears) Tower and see as many as four states on a clear day.
- Dinner in Chinatown.
- World renowned museums with something for everyone.
- Entertainment options galore at Navy Pier.
- Shopping on the Magnificent Mile.
- Walking tour through the historic Gold Coast neighborhood.
- Check out Chicago's improv comedy scene.
- Visit the Water Tower, one of the few buildings to survive the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.
- Get in touch with nature at Lincoln Park and the Lincoln Park Zoo.
- And a lot more!
The main focus of this itinerary is to provide a detailed description of what to see and do in Chicago on a first visit. It includes specific directions to each destination, supplemented by maps and pictures where necessary. It includes a variety of sights and activities to suit most budgets.
Why You Should Buy This Guide
- Saves you time by not needing to do additional research on Chicago.
- Saves you money by giving specific instructions on how to get from place to place on foot or by public transportation and eliminates the necessity to join a tour or hire a guide.
What Does the Itinerary Include?
- 29-page PDF document with hyperlinks to helpful internet sites.
- Numerous pictures pointing to key landmarks to help you get where you need to go, as well as maps for most main areas of the city.
- My contact information if you need anything else or have any questions during your visit to Chicago.
Itinerary Table of Contents
- How to Use This Guide
- The 3-day highlights itinerary - I provide a detailed itinerary with activities, times and specific instructions.
- Transportation Tips - information on getting around Chicago by foot or by public transportation.
- Restaurants - general recommendations for dining options in the city.
- Accommodations - information about where to stay for any budget.
- Money - ATMS, credit cards & currency - helpful information for new visitors to the United States.
- Additional websites for information - my recommendations for sites the locals use to get information on what's going on in the city.
- About the Author - information about myself and how to contact me if you have additional questions.