Leave the city behind for a day and escape to charming Bainbridge Island, Washington. Just a ferry ride away from Seattle, you'll enjoy shopping, strolling, and sightseeing in a relaxed atmosphere with friendly locals and extraordinary cuisine.
You can travel this itinerary entirely on foot, or explore further in a car with the Other Places To See section.
What you’ll get with this guide:
- A hand-picked selection of the best places to spend your time on the Island
- Travel and transportation tips for getting to, from, and around the island
- Information on shopping, dining, wine tasting, and a waterfront stroll
- Easy directions and maps
- Contact information for the author, should you have any questions or feedback
Who is this guide for?:
- Adults travelling without children - wine tastings are a must!
- Travelers with or without cars
Sample From the Itinerary
This is a sample of the itinerary. The actual itinerary includes additional pictures and maps.
Address: 287 Winslow Way E
Not only does Eleven Winery produce incredibly delicious wines, they make them using sustainable energy sources and donate all of their after-tax profits to charity. Try a flight here and you’ll get to choose the wines you’d like to sample. My favorites are the dessert wines; at our last tasting, they served the sweet red in a dark chocolate tasting cup. For those who live in the surrounding area, Eleven also offers memberships to their Wine Club.
Local’s Tip: For those who don’t live in the area, Eleven ships inexpensively to most states (where allowed by law).