If you have decided to come to Mexico City, this itinerary is perfect for you. It doesn’t matter if you are doing a 3- or 7-day trip here, this itinerary covers the whole city so you can choose to do the full itinerary or just one day according to your travel schedule or preference.
This itinerary is ideal for someone who, besides visiting the "must-see" places, also wants to discover every corner of the city and see the hidden gems that only a few know about. I assure you that even if this is not the first time you visit the city, you will discover some new places and experiences.
With that said, and in case this is your first time in this city.... (if not you can skip to the bullet points)
Welcome to the third largest city in the world, with over 21 million people living here; the city only has around 9 million people but the entire metropolitan area contains 21 million. It is hard to distinguish if you are in Mexico City or “Estado de Mexico” because it is part of the same. If you cross from one city to another one and you missed the “welcome” sign in the street, you won’t notice the difference between cities.
A city of this size may overwhelm you, but don’t worry, this is the reason for this itinerary. You can learn more about the city and make the most of your trip here.
In this itinerary, I will cover some basic questions that everyone has before coming to Mexico City, such as security, how to move (get out and into the airport), specific maps and pictures of most of the places, what to eat and of course what to see.
Here are a few things you will see in the city:
- Downtown, covering all the main downtown buildings and monuments, also includes some special markets such as the exotic food market where you may find lion, bear and other exotic animal meats
- A special place where you can have one of the best views of the city for free
- The biggest handcraft market in the city
- The only witchcraft market in the city, where you can find anything you need to attract love, fortune and money (at least that is what the labels on the products say)
- The famous Mariachi Square, where you can dance and enjoy Mexican music while drinking some tequila shots
- You will go to a typical Mexican cantina where you will be able to try the drink of the gods, the sacred Aztec drink, El Pulque
- Want to see real Mexican Folklore? I will tell you how to get to and enjoy Xochimilco without getting ripped off, even if you look like a tourist and don’t speak Spanish
- LUCHAS LIBRES - A sports event you can get addicted to it (Haven't yet met someone that after the show hated it). I will tell you exactly how to get there, buy tickets and enjoy the show.
- Usually a tour to the Teotihuacan Pyramids may cost as much as $700 pesos (approx $54 USD) per person. I will tell you exactly how to get there and pay approximately $12 USD per person including transportation and entrance fee.
- Lots of extra activities in case you have extra free time
If you make the whole 7 days, you will see and know more things in Mexico City than most of the Mexicans who live here. I know because I have done every single thing listed on this itinerary and most of my friends and people who have lived their whole life here in Mexico City haven’t done even the half of this itinerary!
At the end of the itinerary, I put my personal email address in case you need more information or have any doubt.
So, what are you waiting for? Press the buy button now.
And if for any reason you're unhappy with the itinerary, Unanchor offers a full refund. You have nothing to lose.