Who is this guide for?
Self-driving visitors who deserve three days to slow down and treat themselves while filling up their senses on world-class food and wine, sights, and hospitality like no other. Is this you?
Despite its 'small country town' feel, the region of McLaren Vale in South Australia, punches above its weight, delivering wine, cuisine, beaches, and landscapes equal to anywhere in the world.
What will you see?
As a local who is incredibly proud of her home region, I like nothing more than showing visitors my favorite venues, sights, and experiences. That is what you’ll get in this Guide!
- Three Days of my meticulously handpicked attractions and experiences including:
- Wine tasting in Australia’s Premier Wine Region
- Visit the region’s world-renowned and most iconic Cellar Door, the d’Arenberg Cube, including lunch at the Best Restaurant in a Winery in 2020 and a visit to the Salvador Dali Exhibition
- Visits to small, family-owned and operated, boutique Cellar Doors, a brewery, a distillery, and orchard, to taste not only wine but beer, gin, and cider
- Dine out on the best fresh, local produce, prepared by South Australia’s leading chefs, with views to die for
- Learn about grape growing, harvesting, and winemaking
- Feel the soft golden sand and pristine waters of our beaches including a sneak peek at Australia’s First Official Nudist Beach and watch the sun set over the ocean
- Visit a chocolate factory, art house, and the studio of Aboriginal Artist
- See local producers sell fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, bread, pastries, olive oil, eggs, and honey in a village atmosphere at the Farmers Market
- An immersion into rural Aussie life
Why you should buy this guide? What does it include?
Three days in a region like McLaren Vale is barely enough. We are so spoilt for choice with the number of cellar doors, breweries, gin distilleries, seaside destinations, and food venues, it can become overwhelming for a visitor. Where to start?
Use this guide and rest assured:
- Your activities are mapped out for you day by day
- Your time is managed efficiently
- You’ll appreciate the diversity the region provides
- You will feel immersed in our culture and laid back way of life
- You will leave with priceless memories and be the envy of your friends at home
I have traveled to many countries, visited their wine regions, and tasted their drop - but I couldn’t be prouder of this region I call home and am honored to share it with you.
McLaren Vale's collaborative and generous nature, a unique combination of world-class wines and produce - both on the farm and on the plate - with a beach lifestyle, ensures that our region truly offers a unique, welcoming experience.
Let me tell you all about it!