Just two hours north of Los Angeles, beautiful adobe buildings topped with red stucco roofs are nestled against the Santa Ynez Mountains in front of the Pacific Ocean. This little slice of paradise is the American Riviera - Santa Barbara!
Santa Barbara is a great place to escape from the hustle and bustle of city living. There's plenty to see in this small beach town, from world-famous art to boutique shopping, alfresco dining, sipping on award-winning wines and beers, just lounging on the beach, or visiting a first-class zoo - Santa Barbara has something for everyone.
This trip provides the complete American Riviera experience - how to get there, when to go, great places to eat, and what to see. This detailed itinerary will guarantee that you have fun, save money, and see a wide range of what the area has to offer - not just the popular places, but local favorites as well.
Days of this tour can be swapped around according to your needs:
Day 1 - Explore the history of the American Riviera and discover how this paradise came to be.
Day 2 - Enjoy the best of the area's scenic outdoors, and reward yourself by enjoying the fruits (grapes) of the soil.
- Days of the tour can be easily swapped around for your convenience.
- Tons of activity suggestions if you want to extend your trip.
- Suggestions on how to save money on your trip.
- The best lunch and dinner suggestions to suit your wallet whether you want to save money or splurge!
- Detailed instructions getting to and from each location including parking suggestions (and when it's better to walk!).
- Most destinations are suitable for travelers of any age (with alternative suggestions for those that are not).
- Lots of tips about visiting Santa Barbara, when to go, etc.