- The best places to see from a local Sydney expert
- How to save money using public transportation
- Details about ATMs, Hotels, Restaurants, Tax Refunds, Nightlife, and more...
- And if you have any questions, just send me an email (inside the itinerary)
Some of the attractions this itinerary will take you to:
- Opera house guided tour
- Circular Quay
- Watsons Bay
- Harbour Bridge
- Hornby Lighthouse
- Queen Victoria Building
- Bondi Beach
Watch a video of this itinerary's sights:
The Main Focus of this itinerary:
- Laying out the exact details of what to do in Sydney. Including specific itineraries if you have 1, 2, or 3 days in Sydney.
- Using public transportation to save you money.
- Clear and specific directions to each of the destinations. The directions are supplemented with pictures and maps as well as to further reduce your chances of getting lost!
- Loads of additional information including where to stay, restaurant information, nightlife recommendations, additional places to see if you have extra time.
Why You Should Buy The Guide
- Saves you time by not needing to do additional research on Sydney!
- Saves you money by giving specific instructions on how to use public transportation. While at the same time giving you the true local feel of Sydney.
- Stop wading through all of the tourist destinations. I've seen them all and will tell you exactly which ones are worth seeing.
What does the itinerary include?
- Numerous pictures pointing to key landmarks to help you get where you need to go, as well as maps for nearly every main area of the city.
- My contact information if you need anything else or have any other questions while in Sydney.
The Guide's Table of Contents
- Getting into the city from the airport. Specific public transportation instructions to get you where you need to go without paying for an unnecessary taxi.
- How to use the public transportation in Sydney.
- ATMs & Credit Cards – Best ways to get money out while in Sydney.
- GST & the Tourist Refund Scheme – Information on getting refunded the tax on purchases made while in Australia.
- Restaurants – General recommendations, information on tap water, tipping customs.
- Hotels – I narrow the hundreds of hotels to just a few great ones.
- 1-, 2- & 3-day itineraries – If you only had 1, 2, or 3 days in Sydney, I break down the activities with specific instructions.
- Nightlife – If you're not too tired, the best places to grab a drink.
- Other Places to See – Additional tourist destinations if you're staying beyond 3-days.
- Additional Websites for Information.
- Random Tips – Other useful tips for Sydney.
Day 2 Sample
This is a sample of the itinerary. The actual itinerary includes additional pictures.
10:00am - 12:30pm – Sydney Sea Life Aquarium
12:30pm - 1:30pm – Lunch at Darling Harbour
2:00pm - 5:00pm – Museums
7:00pm - 8:30pm – Pre-dinner drinks at O Bar and Dining
8:30pm - Onwards – Chinatown for dinner & drinks
Start your second day with a stroll down to Darling Harbour.
If you’re in Kings Cross, first catch a train to Town Hall. If you’re in Central, you can cut down on walking time by taking the train to Town Hall, or you can get there by walking straight up George Street.
Just outside Town Hall’s George Street exit, you’ll see the intersection of George, Druitt and Park Streets. This is Sydney CBD’s busiest intersection. The major landmark here is the Queen Victoria Building, with the statue of Queen Victoria out the front. Turn left on Druitt Street and follow it to the overhead bridge and down the steps to Darling Harbour.
10:00am – 12:30pm Sydney Sea Life Aquarium
If you’re up early you might like to check out the very serene Chinese Garden of Friendship which, from the foot of the stairs, is a short walk to your left through the park and playground.
Entry to Sydney Sea Life Aquarium is normally $40 so your best bet–if you are planning on seeing other attractions–is to get a Combo Pass. With a choice to select from either 2, 3, 4 or 5 attractions, Combo Passes range from $54 - $76.50 and give you entrance to your choice of either Wild Life Sydney Zoo, Sydney Tower Eye, Madame Tussauds and Manly Sea Life Aquarium and is valid for 30 days. Alternatively, consider buying your Aquarium ticket online to make single visit savings.
Who is this guide for?
- The first (possibly second) time visitor to Sydney
- Have an amazing vacation, guaranteed! If you're not happy with the tour itinerary, Unanchor will gladly refund your money. (See below for additional details.)